Normally, I have the you are not alone talk with new dentists who’ve graduated anywhere from six months to six years out. Friends, these are not normal times.
Covid-19 has truly turned our world upside down.
- Dental practices across the U.S. are advised to treat urgent care only.
- Residency programs are struggling to figure out what to do.
- I’m guessing if you’re a D4 reading this, you’re wondering if you’ll graduate or be coming back for another semester. All that super fun stuff said, this isn’t our first rodeo.
- In 1918, with a massive flu pandemic, world health crashed.
- In 1920, with incredible financial impact, the stock market crashed.
- In 2008, when I was a young dentist, not too off-base from you, the housing market crashed.
Depressed? Don’t be.
- The pandemic in 1918 was bad …We’re still here.
- The stock market crash was also bad …We rebounded.
- The housing market in 2008 … In hindsight, it was a huge opportunity for those who were prepared.
Friends. You are not alone. In fact, as a student today, you just may be in the best position possible! Keep these factors in mind:
- Online education is in full swing.
- No one’s calling on your student loans.
- YOU have an amazing opportunity to learn and leverage this moment.
Here’s what you can do that MANY of today’s dentist’s missed. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.
D1-D4’s: Get Great Mentors … Today!
You need at least four. One clinical. One dentist who is crushing it and is open to teaching you everything they know. One who lifts you up at all times. And finally, one who sees the world 180 degrees differently than you.
D4’s: Get Disability Insurance Right Now
The dentist’s who have Covid+ and have the right disability insurance are covered. Please email me TODAY so I can help you get what you need.
And Get Business Overhead Insurance the Day You Own Your Practice
The dentists who have the right coverage are covered. Make a note. This is not you today. It will be you tomorrow
Lastly, I’ll leave you with this. Every single student who asks for my help gets it … so ask! Every single student who believes they have all the answers already becomes the dentist who learns lessons the hard way. Don’t be that student or dentist.
I don’t know it all. In fact, I’ve learned I was a fool to try. I am blessed to know many incredibly intelligent people. They’re my mentors. And you know what? We are all here to be yours.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. My cell is 716-912-7970.
I don’t share them lightly. I share them because I wish someone would have when I was you.